BATTLING COLD & FLU NATURALLY
Immune boosting foods that help me fight cold and flu 👊👌😀
It’s a beautiful summer here on the East Coast!
The weather has been great so far and we have 2 more months to enjoy the beach season. The hotter it gets outside, the stronger the AC is blasting everywhere we go (work, supermarkets, office buildings, schools, banks, subway trains, and home)! That’s why we get sick with a flue even when we less expect to get sick. Overall stress and summer allergies usually get mixed in with the cold symptoms and make us feel under the weather even during the most beautiful days.
In this blog post I would love to share a few personal tips how you can fight the cold without drugs, purely with natural remedies. These tips will help you to fight a cold throughout the whole year around, in between of the seasons and during cold winter days.
Our immune system can cure a cold on its own, and in most cases it takes 4-7 days. In fact, many symptoms of cold and flu are the result of the immune system trying to fight the infection. With a little boost we can help our bodies to recover faster. Conventional medicines might provide relief from symptoms, but don’t work against the virus or help build up a strong immune system. That’s way many get sick ones, then take couple of conventional meds, feel a relief, but get sick again in a week or so because virus is still in the system.
So here are my favorite Immune boosting natural remedies:
- Plenty of Fresh Water. 💦
- Matcha Latte. I make my own with 1 tsp of organic Japanese matcha powder, 2 tsp of raw honey, hot water mixed with 1/3 cup of homemade cashew milk. Super antioxidant drink. 💚
- Ester C powder, 2/3 tsp mixed with water up to 2 times a day. This formula is gentle for stomach, has 1,500 mg of Vitamin C, calcium & citrus bioflavonoids for better absorption of Vitamin C.
- Oranges. 🍊Plenty of oranges!! I became an orange addict lately. 😬 My body needed it, and it felt just right eating them all day long. But any other fruits and berries are great! We all know that eating seasonal fruits is great. Mangos and peaches are in season now! 🍏🍐🍊🍒🍋🍍
- ”Golden Elixir” by Sowella Chocolate: 1 tsp Turmeric powder, 1 tsp Ginger powder, 2-3 tsp raw honey, 2 oranges, water, handful of cashews for creaminess or nut milk & blend. Use a blender to make the mixture smooth and pleasant to drink. I add Ester C powder to this mix too instead of just drinking it alone, but it’s up to you. You can modify it by adding cayenne pepper, cinnamon, etc. Turmeric is a potent anti-inflammatory product. 💛
- Wellness Formula by Source Naturals. 3 tablets every 3 hours. This formula does work! 🙌👊
- Fresh Garlic! I’m not a fan, but had too listen to mom’s advice and I feel it’s been working! I sprinkle fresh garlic on top of a homemade vegetable soup.
- Plenty of Sleep 😴 and stay home until you get fully recovered 👀🏡
- Homemade Comfort Food that is gentle on stomach & makes you feel cozy. 😊 Oatmeal is great for breakfast, vegetable stew with root vegetables, mushrooms, dill, cilantro & lots of garlic for dinner! I also always use coconut oil instead of butter or margarine. Add 1 tsp of coconut oil to your vegetable stew and it’ll be yummy 😋!
Please share your comments below and your personal experiences on how you fight a cold, what works for you and what’s not.